Your baby is born; you are busy taking care of him/her 24/7, but what about you? We get caught up in breastfeeding, nappy changes, figuring out why our baby cries, cooking, cleaning, to name a few. It can be really exhausting…
As new moms we tend to forget taking care of ourselves. Here are some tips on how to have some ME time!
- Take a deep breath! – have you ever noticed that you seem to run out of breath? A heavy feeling on your chest? Take notice and take a deep breath. It will not only supply more oxygen to your bloodstream, but will clear your mind and reduce stress. Start your day with couple of minutes of abdominal breathing. You don’t even have to get out of the bed to do it. Just lie on your back and direct your inhalations into your belly, then exhale completely. Repeat it several times.
- Take a hot salt bath – your bathtub looks lonely isn’t it? Fill it up, put some bath salt in it, light some candles, close your eyes and relax.
- Take a walk outside, as simple as that J
- Do some yoga – roll out your mat and do some yoga. Even if it’s just couple of sun salutations, it all counts.
- Meditate – find a quiet corner in your home, and take some time to clear your mind, just by simply focusing on your breath or repeating a mantra such as ‘Om’
- Exercise – whatever your preferred movement method is, do it!
- Watch a movie
- Read! – is there any magazines or books that are long waiting for you to read? Now is the time.
- Listen to music – switch on your favourite tunes and just go with the music
- Is there a park near you? Go and lay down on the grass, feel the earth and just watch the sky.
- Go for a massage or pedicure – get your body or feet pampered, you deserve it.
You can do all these while your baby is sleeping. Put the washing up aside for a while and choose one every day, depending on how much time you want to give yourself.
Is there anything else you can think of? What do you do to relax? Please share below.
Enjoy Ladies! Pssst, now I need to go and do one of these…