I don’t eat much oats lately as I prefer smoothies for breakfast, but felt like creating something new. I was dreaming of something coco-nutty, so I combined it with oats. Oats is a slow releasing carbohydrate, doesn’t spike your blood sugar and keeps you full longer.
- 200 ml organic coconut milk
- 200 ml water
- 6-7 tbsp raw rolled oats
- 5 pieces dates chopped into small pieces
- Ground ginger
- In a saucepan bring the coconut milk and water into boil.
- Add the dates so they soften.
- Add the oats and ginger.
- Stir to make sure it doesn't stick.
- It takes only 5-7 minutes to be ready.
- Serve with berries or any fruit of your choice, hot or cool it down.
Enjoy your breakfast! 🙂