Cream soups are really quick and easy to make which is great for a busy mom like me 🙂 This is what I made after my colon hydrotherapy session.
Some of the health benefits of celery:
- strengthens immune system due to the high amount of Vitamin C
- diuretic, which comes from its balance of sodium and potassium which help to flush out excess fluid from the body
- celery contains coumarins, which has been shown to be effective in the prevention of cancer
- anti-inflammatory properties
- the pthalides in celery may lower cholesterol by increasing bile acid secretion
- the calcium, magnesium and potassium content helps regulate blood pressure
- 1 medium size turnip root
- 5-6 stalks of celery (or as much as you like)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbs coconut or olive oil
- 1,5 liter water
- Salt, pepper
- Chives to decorate
- Cut the turnip and celery into bigger pieces, dice the onion.
- Heat up the oil and braise the veggies a bit.
- Pour the water on top and cook until the veggies are tender, but not overcooked. When ready, pour the soup into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle some chives or red paprika on top when serving.
Do you like soups? What’s your favourite?