This recipe is based on some inspiration from My New Roots www.mynewroots.org.
I’ve been wanting to try raw buckwheat for a while. Buckwheat is actually not wheat nor a cereal, it is a tiny pyramid like seed. It’s gluten free, high in fibre and contains high levels of protein (11-14 g protein /100g). Also good source of B vitamins. Great for breakfast to give you energy and fill you up for the start of the day.
- 2 cups frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 1 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 apple cored, peeled
- 1 cup raw buckwheat soaked overnight in lemon water
- ½ cup organic coconut milk
- Blend the berries with the maple syrup, add a little water to get it going if needed.
- Spoon out 2 tablespoons of the mix and set it aside.
- Add the buckwheat, apple and coconut milk to the berries and blend until it's nice and smooth.
- Poor or spoon the mix into glasses and lightly stir the berry mix into them to create a pretty pattern.
- You can chill a bit and serve.
Warning! It’s delicious! 🙂