What could you do if you have some leftover rice at home? Thought some patties would be nice. Being a person who tries to simplify whatever I can, I came up with this child proof recipe. My picky daughter liked it too, so it must be good! 🙂 You can give this to your toddler from 1 year.
- 1 - 1 and ½ cup leftover rice, either white or brown
- 1 cup red lentils
- Bay leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
- A bit of coconut oil to grease the baking tray
- Cook the lentils with some bay leaves.
- Once lentils are cooked, mix all ingredients.
- Form patties and place them on an oiled baking tray. I like to use baking paper, as there's less mess afterwards.
- Bake patties at 180 Celsius for around 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy it with some green salad or beetroot as we did.
You could also make some aioli to accompany the patties. Next time I’ll try it with adding some coconut oil into the mixture, as it comes out a bit crumbly.