Enjoy this yummy, filling, lemony salad.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- Organic vegetable stock (optional)
- Half a lemon
- Smaller sized butternut squash
- 2 tbsp grapeseed or coconut oil
- Herbs of your choice (I used parsley and rosemary)
- Black sesame seeds for version 1
- Toasted walnuts and dried cranberries for version 2
- Salt to taste
- Cook the quinoa with the water and veggie stock if you wish.
- Add lemon juice salt and pepper once it's cooked.
- Add fresh parsley.
- In the meantime cut the squash into small cubes.
- Mix with herbs and oil on a baking tray and roast them for about 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 Celsius.
- Once the squash is ready mix it with the quinoa.
- Version 1: add black and white sesame seeds
- Version 2: toasts some walnuts together with the squash when it's almost ready. Add the dried cranberries to the mix.
Simple, nutritious. Serve it warm or cold. Packed with plant protein goodness. 🙂