Rice pudding was my favourite childhood treat. As I haven’t been using cow’s milk for years, I only made it few times in the past 10 years. I thought of creating a healthier version of it. The end result tastes probably better than my Grandma’s original recipe 🙂
- 400 ml organic coconut milk
- 600 ml water
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- 250 g brown rice
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Soak the brown rice for a while (it will cook quicker), then rinse
- Bring to boil the coconut milk, oil and water mix, then add the rice. Cook until the rice soaks up the milk, or until it's cooked. Let it cool.
- Separate the egg yolk from the whites. Mix the honey and egg yolks. Beat the egg whites then mix in the yolk followed by the whites into the rice.
- Pour into a baking dish and bake it in a preheated oven at 180 Celsius for 40-50 minutes.
- Serve it with chocolate or vanilla sauce. I made a simple strawberry sorbet, blending frozen strawberries with maple syrup.
Enjoy your sweet treat!