My daughter is a real fussy eater, she is almost 16 months now and only started to get better recently with eating veggies without having to mix in apple puree to everything. Here is one that she enjoyed yesterday.
- Several cauliflower florets
- 2 large leaves of kale
- Half tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (supplies Vitamin B12 and gives a cheesy flavour)
- 2 tsp cottage cheese
- Steam the cauliflower and kale until tender. I'm still using the Philips Avent steamer/blender as it makes life so much easier.
- When ready add the coconut oil and nutritional yeast and blend the mixture. It doesn't have to be smooth; you can keep it more textured.
- Add cottage cheese if you like. This will make probably 2 portions, although it depends on how hungry your little one is 🙂
If you tried it, please let me know what your baby’s opinion was below 🙂